Rohit Sharma (Cricketer) Height, Age, Wife, Family, Bio & More
Rohit Sharma (Cricketer) Height, Age, Wife, Family, Bio & More:- Rohit Gurunath Sharma is an Indian cricket player. Rohit was born on 30 April 1987 in Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra. His mother Purnima Sharma is from Visakhapatnam while his father Gurunath Sharma worked as a caretaker of a transport firm storehouse. Rohit is also the captain of IPL team Mumbai Indians. Sharma currently holds the record for highest individual score in One Day Internationals. He scored a record 264 off 173 balls against Srilanka on November 13, 2014.
[table id=51 /]
He came to prominence after a wonderful 2006 U-19 Cricket World Cup. His uncle helped him with some finances and Sharma joined a cricket camp in 1999. He made his debut at Belfast but did not get to bat. In the next game against South Africa were made only eight runs. He scored the highest number of runs in that tournament. He scored a record 264 off 173 balls against Srilanka on November 13, 2014. Rohit is also the only player to score two double centuries in One Day Internationals. He is also the only person to score 250+ in ODI innings. He scored his maiden ODI century against Zimbabwe in 2010.
He made his T20I debut against England at Durban. In the finals against the arch-rivals Pakistan, he scored the most valuable 30 off 16 balls, batting at number 6. Eventually, India won the World Cup. He scored 2009 runs off 158 balls in that match. He became only the third player after Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag to score a double century in ODI.
his Test career has always been a crash landing. He is never India’s first choice batsman. Ajinkya Rahane always remains India’s first choice number five and rightly so. Rohit Sharma was then picked for the test series against West Indies in 2013. He scored a massive 177 on debut. His favourite cricket player is Sachin Tendulkar. Rohit Sharma is not known for anything other than his talent on the field. He is said to be a humble guy.
About of Rohit Sharma Cricket Life
- International Debut- (ODI- 23 June 2007 against Ireland at Belfast), (Test- 6 November 2013 against West Indies at Kolkata), (T20 – 19 September 2007 against England at Durban)
- Jersey Number- #45 (India Jersey), #45 (IPL Jersey)
- Domestic/State Team- Mumbai, Mumbai Indians
- Nature on the field- Calm
- Likes to play against- Pakistan, Australia
- Favourite Shot- Pull shot
- Career Turning Point- His unbeaten score of 142 runs in 123 balls for West Zone against North Zone at Udaipur in the 2005 Deodhar Trophy.
- Coach/Mentor- Dinesh Lad
About of Rohit Sharma Family and Education
- Father- Gurunath Sharma (Worked as a caretaker of a transportation company storehouse)
- Mother- Purnima Sharma
- Sister- N/A
- Brother- Vishal Sharma (Younger)
- Wife/Spouse Ritika Sajdeh (Sports manager, m.2015-present)
- Daughter- Samaira (born in 2018)
- Son- None
- School- (Swami Vivekanand International School and Junior College, Mumbai), (Our Lady of
- Vailankanni High School, Mumbai)
- College- N/A
- Educational Qualifications- 12th standard
Favourite Things of Rohit Sharma
- Favourite Actors- Hrithik Roshan, Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan
- Favourite Actresses- Kareena Kapoor, Vidya Balan, Deepika Padukone, Megan Fox, Blake Lively
- Favourite Films- (Bollywood: Veer-Zara, Hera Pheri, Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander, Border), (Hollywood: The Avengers, Iron Man, The Dark Night Rises)
- Favourite Directors- David Dhawan, Priyadarshan, Imtiaz Ali, James Cameron
- Favourite Songs- Tere Liye Hum Hai Jiye from the film Veer-Zaara (2004), Started From The Bottom by Drake
- Favourite Cricketers- (Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag), (Bowler: Harbhajan Singh)
- Favourite Food- Aloo Parantha, Chinese cuisine, eggs
- Favourite Car- Aston Martin
- Favourite Hotel- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius
- Favourite Destination- New York
Some Known Facts About Rohit Sharma
- Does Rohit Sharma Smoke?: No
- Does Rohit Sharma drink alcohol?: Not Known
- When he was in 6th standard, he joined a local club during his summer vacation, not as a batsman but as an off-spin bowler as there were too many batters.
- He once bunked his school to meet Virender Sehwag.
- He is a huge fan of the Real Madrid Football Club.
- He loves to sleep a lot.
- He is a firm believer of Lord Ganesha and visits the Siddhivinayak Temple before any tour.
- If not a cricketer, he would have been a real estate businessman.
- He once said that he struggles to bat against Brett Lee.