Sonam Kapoor Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Biography, Family & More
Sonam Kapoor Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Biography, Family & More:- Sonam Kapoor comes from the Bollywood family but she does not need her father Anil Kapoor’s name to stand out in the crowd. She has built her own name in the industry with multiple hits. Sonam Kapoor was born on June 9, 1985, in Mumbai suburb to the Bollywood superstar Anil Kapoor and former model and designer Sunita. Sonam Kapoor was interested in becoming a writer and director. She wanted to work behind the camera and be a part of the film ‘crew’. On her father Anil Kapoor’s recommendation, she also got the job of Assistant Director for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s venture ‘Black’ in 2005. She won ‘Best Actress in a Comedy or Romance’ role for Khoobsurat at Stardust awards in 2015.
[table id=48 /]
In 2007, she worked for Bhansali for his film “Saawariya” in the leading role. In 2010, she was being considered a superstar after the two hits, “I Hate Love Story” and “Ayesha”. In the same year, she was named in the Forbes list of 100 famous Indian celebrities. In 2014 came Khoobsurat which was a mild success. Later she played the role of a princess in Prem Ratan Dhan Payo which is one of the highest grossing films in Bollywood. She won ‘Superstar of Tomorrow’ at Stardust awards for her debut Saawariya in 2008. She won ‘Best Actress in a Comedy or Romance’ role for Khoobsurat at Stardust awards in 2015. For Padman released in 2018, she won Best Actress in a Leading Role at DadaSaheb Phalke Film Foundation Awards.
About of Sonam Kapoor Family and Education
- Father- Anil Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother- Sunita Kapoor
- Brother- Harshvardhan Kapoor (Younger, Actor)
- Sister- Rhea Kapoor (Younger, Producer)
- Cousin Brothers- Arjun Kapoor, Jahaan Kapoor, Mohit Marwah
- Cousin Sisters- Khushi Kapoor, Jhanvi Kapoor, Anshula Kapoor, Shanaya Kapoor
- Husband/Spouse- Anand Ahuja, Entrepreneur
- Children- None
- Paternal Uncles- Sanjay Kapoor, Boney Kapoor
- Paternal Aunts- Maheep Sandhu, Sridevi
- School- Arya Vidya Mandir, Juhu, Mumbai
- College/Universities- (University of Mumbai, Mumbai), (University of East London, London)
- Educational Qualification- Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Political Science
Favourite Things About of Sonam Kapoor
- Favourite Actors- (Bollywood: Anil Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan), (Hollywood: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale)
- Favourite Actresses- (Bollywood: Nutan, Waheeda Rehman, Meena Kumari, Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukerji, Madhuri Dixit), (Hollywood: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Monica Belluci, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn)
- Favourite Films- (Bollywood: Devdas, Mr India, Guide, Kagaaz Ke Phool, Rang De Basanti), (Hollywood: Titanic, Children of Heaven, City of God)
- Favourite Directors- Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Imtiaz Ali, Satyajit Ray, Raj Kapoor, Steven Spielberg
- Favourite Musician- A. R. Rahman
- Favourite Authors- Jane Austen, Enid Blyton, Nancy Drew
- Favourite Books- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Emma by Jane Austen, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Favourite Sports- Basketball, Squash
- Favourite Cricketer- Sachin Tendulkar
- Favourite Chef- Anthony Bourdain
- Favourite Foods- Pav Bhaji, Tandoor Crab, Chicken with Ginger and Potatoes, Mustard Fish, Cholar Dal, Pork Belly Bun, Dahi Batata Puri, Chocolates
- Favourite Restaurants- Gajalee, Radio Club, The Pantry, Arya Bhavan, The Table, Hakkasan in Mumbai, Bengal Sweet House, Parathewaali Galli (an Area) in Delhi
Angelina in Paris
- Favourite Destinations- Rome, New York, Paris, London
- Favourite Designer- Anamika Khanna
- Favourite Colour- White
- Favourite Perfumes- Michael by Michael Kors, Jean Paul Gaultier Classique
Some Known Facts About Sonam Kapoor
- Does Sonam Kapoor smoke? No
- Does Sonam Kapoor drink alcohol? Yes
- Since her teenage, she has been suffering from diabetes and has to follow a strict diet routine and a daily insulin injection to stay healthy.
- She was born in Mumbai to a Punjabi father and Sindhi mother.
- She loves dancing and has also taken lessons of classical Indian dance and is a trained Kathak, Classical and Latin dancer.
- Earlier, her weight was around 90 kg, but later she lost around 30 kg of weight for her debut film Saawariya (2007), opposite Ranbir Kapoor.
- Before acting, she has worked as an assistant director alongside Sanjay Leela Bhansali in the film Black in 2005.
- At the age of 16, she wrote a poem titled Ambition, which she decided to give to her soulmate.
- She vowed not to marry an actor.
- In 2010, she rose to fame with her hit- I Hate Love Story after her two flops in a row.
- Her appearance in the movie Ranjhanna was a turning point in her life.
- On 8 May 2018, she tied the knot with her longtime lover Anand Ahuja, a famous Indian businessman.
- She had a tongue piercing before and had to remove that for her debut role.
Sonam is the brand ambassador of the Elle Breast Cancer Campaign.