Rani Mukerji Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Rani Mukerji Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More:- Rani Mukerji is a famous actress of Hindi films. She is among the most successful Indian film actress who works in Hindi movies. Rani is the only actress who has been nominated by Filmfare for the third consecutive year (2004-2006) as top Bollywood Actress. Her film roles have been cited as a significant departure from the traditional portrayal of women in Bollywood. In 2005, she was just one of the top 10 powerful people of Bollywood. Rani is very active in the social work and she has collected donations for a large number of institutions. In this article we will discuss about Rani Mukerji Biography.
[table id=38 /]
Rani Mukerji was born in Mumbai on 21 March 1978. Her father, Ram Mukherjee, is a former film director and one of the founders of Filmalaya Studios. Her mother, Krishna Mukherjee, is a former playback singer. Her elder brother, Raja Mukherjee, is a film producer and director. Actress Kajol is her relative. Her maternal aunt, Debashree Roy, is a Bengali film actress and her paternal cousin, Kajol, is a Hindi film actress and her contemporary. Another paternal cousin, Ayan Mukerji, is a scriptwriter and film director.
Mukerji comes from a film-oriented family of Bengali origin. Rani Mukherjee started her film career with “Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat”, but the film failed at the box office. Earlier from that, She made her acting debut with a cameo appearance in the Bengali film Biyer Phool. She got her first break through with Film Ghulam with Aamir Khan, who made her debut in the name of “Khandala Girl“. Her family friend, Salim Akhtar, gave her a role in “Aa Gale Lag Jaa” (1994), which was rejected by the Rani’s father, after which that role was taken by actress Urmila Matondkar. Her next films, “Badal”, “Chori Chori Chupke Chupke” and “Mujhse Dosti Karoge” Could not do anything special. But at the same time she got the chance to do a film in Yash Raj Banner’s. Her next successful film was “Saathiya” (2002) with Vivek Oberoi, for which she also got Filmfare Award. Her performance was in the golden era of 2004-2006. From film” Black ” she gave a powerful magnitude of her acting where she played the character of a blind-deaf girl. Rani Mukerji married with Film Producer Aditya Chopra. On April 21, 2014 Rani and Aditya got married in Italy and they surprised the whole country with their close friends and family with them.
About of Rani Mukerji Family and Education
- Father- Late Ram Mukherjee (Film director)
- Mother- Krishna Mukherjee (playback singer)
- Sister- N/A
- Brother- Raja Mukherjee (elder) (producer and director)
- Husband/Spouse- Aditya Chopra (Director, Producer)
- Daughter- Adira
- Son- None
- School- Maneckjee Cooper High School, Juhu, Mumbai
- College- Mithibai College, Mumbai
- Educational Qualifications- Graduate
Favourite Things of Rani Mukerji
- Favourite Actor- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Favourite Actress- Sridevi, Sharmila Tagore
- Favourite Film- Titanic
- Favourite Accessory- Diamond ring gifted by her father
- Favourite Perfume- Polo Sport
- Favourite Outfit- Saree
- Favourite Destination- Sikkim
- Favourite Color- Red, Blue
- Favourite Food- Fish prepared by her mother
Some Known Facts About of Rani Mukerji
- Does Rani Mukerji Smoke?: Yes
- Does Rani Mukerji Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Prior to signing for Bollywood films, she got training at Roshan Taneja’s acting institute.
- She is a private person and rarely interacts with media, unlike other celebrities.
- When she turned 16, she was offered the lead role in ‘Aa Gale Lag Jaa’ (1994), opposite Jugal Hansraj. However, his father didn’t want her to act at such an early age, and she later replaced by Urmila Matondkar.
- She is a trained Odissi dancer.
- She got her major breakthrough from the film “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai”(1998).
- She was offered the lead role in Hollywood film ” The Namesake” (2006), however, she turned down the offer as the dates clashed with the Bollywood movie ” Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna” (2006).
- She is the first actor in Bollywood to win two awards simultaneously “Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress” awards in a single year (2005) at the Filmfare.
- She has been termed as one of the most accomplished actresses of Bollywood by the critics.
- She doesn’t like being monotonous in films and so she tries different drastic roles.
- Her brother is a producer turned director Raja Mukerji.
- She did a cameo role at the age of 18 in her father’s Bengali film “Biyer Phool” (1996).
- Her cousins are Kajol, Tanisha and Mohnish Behl.
- Debashree Mukerji who is a national award-winning actress is her maternal aunt.