Neeti Mohan Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Neeti Mohan Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More:- Neeti Mohan is a 39-years old Bollywood playback singer. She is very popular for her songs. She is the lyric writer and also composes music for the songs. Neeti Mohan was born on 18 November 1979. She is 39 years old. She was born as Neeti Mohan Sharma in Delhi, India. She was born into a middle-class Hindu family with their roots in music. She is popularly known for her songs “Jiya Re” from the movie Jab Tak Hai Jaan, and “Ishq Wala Love” from the movie Student of the year. In her childhood, their family used to travel to Iskon Temple, in Vrindavan. She had grown up watching the devotees of Lord Krishna playing mridangam, singing, and dancing, which inspired her a lot.
[table id=36 /]
She was declared as the best cadet in the National Cadet Corps of India and also represented India as Youth Exchange Programmer Cadet. She performed in various singing competitions and won the prizes. She was too active in co-curricular activities in her college days and actively participated in cultural programs and National Cadet Corps (NCC). she is also a trained dancer in Bharata Natyam and Kathak under the supervision of Ashley Lobo. She also worked as an instructor in her dance school. She learned to dance with her sisters. She used to listen to the music and songs of Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle. In 2005, she made her debut in Bollywood as an actress with the movie “Socha Na Tha”. She started her career in singing with a solo track “Ja Ja”, which was released in 2012. In the same year, she sang the song “Ishq Wala Love” from the movie Student of the Year and followed it by singing another track “Jiya Re” from the movie Jab Tak Hai Jaan.
In 2009, Mohan participated in the Star Plus show Music Ka Maha Muqqabla, where she was part of the winning team “Shankar’s Rockstars” led by Shankar Mahadevan. In 2016, she has been the mentor of the singing reality show “The Voice India Kids” along with Shaan and Shekar Ravjaini. In the same year, she gave a voice for the title track of “Yeh Hai Aashiqui” Season 4. In January 2017, she merged with United Nations on a project aimed at empowering women, ending human tracking and promoting gender equality. In 2017, she recorded the Star Parivaar hymn of the year, “Khoobsurat Star Parivaar” alongside Jubin Nautiyal. She had also performed two songs for the web series “Mixtape” produced by the T-series music
Wining Award of Neeti Mohan
- Upcoming Female Vocalist of The Year for “Jiya Re” (2012)
- RD Burman Award for “Jiya Re” (2013)
- RD Burman Award for “Ishq Wala Love” (2013)
- LIVE Quotient Award for Best Singer/Performer (2015)
- Indie Pop Song of the Year for “Man Marziyan” (2017)
- Dada Saheb Phalke Film Foundation Award for Best Playback Singer Female (2018)
About of Neeti Mohan Family and Education
- Husband/Spouse- Nihaar Pandya (Actor, Model)
- Father- Brij Mohan Sharma (A Government Officer & A Writer)
- Mother- Kusum Mohan (A Homemaker)
- Brother- None
- Sisters- Shakti Mohan (Younger, Dancer)
Mukti Mohan (Younger, Dancer)
Kriti Mohan (Younger)
- School- Birla Balika Vidyapeeth, Pilani
- College/University- Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Educational Qualification- B. A. (Hons.) Philosophy
Favourite Things of Neeti Mohan
- Favourite Actors- Aamir Khan, Ranveer Singh, Tom Hanks
- Favourite Actresses- Madhuri Dixit, Deepika Padukone
- Favourite Films- Bollywood- Satte Pe Satta
Hollywood- The Sound of Music, Lord of the Rings
- Favourite Singers- Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Mohit Chauhan, Ed Sheeran, Arijit Singh, Benny Dayal, Armaan Malik
- Favourite Music Directors- A. R. Rahman, Amit Trivedi, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Shankar Ehsan Loy, Vishal Shekhar, Mithoon, Amaal Malik
- Favourite Concert Venue- The O2 Arena, Wembley, London
- Favourite Jewellery Brands- Cartier, Tiffany & Co., Harry Winston
- Favourite TV Show- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa
- Favourite Song- “Dil Se Re” by A. R Rahman – Dil Se (1998)
- Favourite Band- Silk Route
- Favourite Lyricist- Amitabh Bhattacharya
- Favourite Foods- Falafel, Veg Pulao, Dal, Bhindi Mirch Masala, Angoori Rabdi, Crispy Potato, Paneer ke Shikanje
- Favourite Beverages- Spicy Guava, Lychee Honey
- Favourite Restaurant- Pebbles in Mumbai
- Favourite Destinations- Ladakh, Iceland, Dubai
Some Known Facts About Neeti Mohan
- Does Neeti Mohan smoke?: No
- Does Neeti Mohan drink alcohol?: No
- She was a popular singer in her school and had won many prizes in school and inter-school singing competitions.
- Neeti was born into a middle-class musically enthusiast family with roots in Jaipur, Rajasthan. She, along with her sisters, had a strict and disciplined upbringing.
- In her childhood, she used to travel to Iskcon Temple in Vrindavan with her family. Watching Lord Krishna’s devotees over there playing mridangam, singing and dancing developed her interest in music.
- After watching the American film ‘The Sound of Music’ (1965), and repeatedly hearing A. R. Rahman‘s music in Roja (1992) and Bombay (1995), she decided to pursue a career in music. Moreover, she credits her college for shaping her career as an artist.
- In her college, she used to actively participate in music, dance, dramatics, and National Cadet Corps (NCC).
- She has always been fond of her mother’s jewellery, and when she passed her 10th exams, her mother gifted her a gold pendant with her name written on it.
- The year 2003 proved to be a turning point in her life; as she became the co-winner of ‘Channel V Popstars Season 2’ contest, which later formed a band named, Aasma.
- She received the training in singing from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, New Delhi. She learnt Hindustani classical for a decade.